May 1, 2011

Just the way you are



CRW_3361[18]
“ ’Cos you're amazing                       
Just the way you are”                           
Today,when I was hearing this one song by bruno mars,I suddenly recounted an experience I had long ago.About 6 years ago,I was in a residential school in kodaikkanal,doing my sixth standard.It was a beautiful hill to school in.Well away from the noisy,fast paced city,we had a beautiful waterfalls behind our hostel.There was no building around it,at least as far as I could see.This is the place where I learnt to taste the sweetness of a slower life.
There,I had a friend from the nearby city madurai.We became friends by our common interest,Literature .He was such a good friend.We used to wander in the wilderness,not so wild,about the waterfalls in our free time.We used to ponder over the amazing beauty of nature.
One thing that used to catch our eyes every time we go on this expedition was a small puppy(some say it was  a baby wolf ‘cos it was very difficult to see a pup in a forest.but we didn care) that used to run here and there around us.we liked him so much.So,we tried to catch hold of it,and keep it as our pet.And we succeeded in doing so.We got a jute rope,smoothened it with a insulation tape and used it as a collar and tied him behind our hostel.We used to feed it well.We usually take some food from the kitchen while it was being prepared .That,we gave it to our pup.He ate them.We determined to bring him up as a vegetarian,as we were not permitted non-veg in our hostel.
And so,he grew used to us and started wagging his tail when he saw us.Day by Day,the love I had to him multiplied exponentially.But, we could not figure out the fact that he was actually getting weaker.
And then I came to home for a week,because I was sort of home sick.And then when I returned,I heard that my friend was also out of the hostel for a week for some medical purpose.I searched for my pup in the place where we used to tie him.But alas,he was not there.
When I enquired about him,I could not believe what I heard.It was dead.And for the first time I found out how it would feel if a person whom you care about,dies.Even if it was a pet.
His death gave me a good hard lesson .The lesson that I wish to keep in my mind for the rest of my life.No thing in this earth is nice when kept away from their true nature.If it still was in the wilderness,it would have found its own food,not waiting for  two careless boys stupid enough to leave a pup hungry for a whole week.
And here enters the lines of bruno mars.How beautiful and true lines they are??Everything in this universe has a destiny to fulfill and the universe conspires to make an individual to achieve it.And the journey should not be altered by others.The beauty should be grasped in its most natural form.
And I think this would appeal to all those who have pets.what do you think your pets are??are they your entertainers?do they not have their own work or do they not have their right to be entertained?They are just ONE of your important things.But you are the only thing that they have.So,have pets only if you wish to spend your life FOR them and WITH them.
For  my friend,he was upto two bad news.what was the other?It was that he had acquired one of the most dreadful diseases in the world.Brain tumor .The doctors had already fixed his end,he said to me in private,one day.I was the only one who knew this and I could not bear the stress. every time I saw him thereafter I remembered those tears running down his cheek when he said this.But he seemed okay.
And so I came back from that school after spending just two months there to my home place.Those two months were the most eventful and emotional months of my first 16 years on this earth.
As long as I am here,I would have a memory of him and our baby dog,or wolf,whatever                                                                                                                                       


I LOVED THEM JUST THE WAY THEY WERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment